Monday 9 February 2015

Light Drawing/Shadows - Work Diary

In this session I did both photography with shadows and I experimented with using light drawings. I believe these shoots went really well because I came out with some great pictures. To photograph shadows I got some bottles and shot pictures of the shadows created, as one of the bottles was green there was a green shadow which made the photograph look unique. I believe it was a really good shoot because the sun was out, therefore photographing shadows was easy. I also did a photo shoot using light drawings as I believe it is a creative way to show light. I also believe this shoot went very well as the photographs came out so much better than I expected.

These are my light drawing photographs, I really like the way they turned out because they are really clear. First of all when shooting these photographs I used the torch on my phone to make the light line drawing more obvious. Afterwards, I experimented with using a balloon and a torch which was really effective.


These are the photographs I took of shadows. I also believe these images turned out really well because you can clearly see the shadows from the bottles. I also really like the way that green bottle photographs turned out because I wasn't expecting it to work so well. As it was sunny outside the photographs came out really clear.


In the next lesson, I am going to experiment with light and water, to do this I am going to go to a pond and photograph people and objects and their reflection. I believe this will be quite a good shoot because it is a creative yet subtle way to show the creative use of light. I am also going to try and shoot more shadows in different ways to expand my project and to show of the creative use of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment