Thursday 14 May 2015

Connecting Essay 2

This is an image that I found on the internet to show off my theme of the creative use of light. I really enjoy this image because of the use of reflection between the rain and the lights which gives the image a sense of mystery, especially as the colours of the photograph are quite dark and gloomy. Another thing I like about this is the use of depth which gives this image a more realistic and 3d effect. The blurred motion gives this image a sense of movement.

This is an image I took myself at a train station, I really like this image because of the contrast between the blurred train and the platform; the blurred train gives a sense of movement. Another thing that I like about this image is the use of light because there is also a contrast between the black, dark background and the illuminated focal point of the image; this makes the image stand out and it also draws the viewers attention towards the focal point of the image. The use of depth is also very effective in this image as it gives it a more realistic and 3d effect.

These photographs are very similar as there are both photographs of moving trains and both images were taken at night. Both images use motion blur which gives a more realistic and 3d effect. Another similarity these photographs have is the use of contrast, in these images there is a contrast between the dark background of the sky and the illuminated train and platform. One difference is that the picture that I found on the internet has more reflection; in my opinion I think that my photograph is better because it is simple yet appealing to viewers, where as the image that I found on the internet is too messy as it has a lot going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment