Thursday 14 May 2015

Connecting Essay 5

This is an image I found on the internet of a silhouette. I really like this image because the silhouette is done very well, as well as the hat which makes the image stand out. I also like the fact that the image is in black and white because it creates a sense of mystery. Tone is also used in this image which creates a 3d effect and makes the image look more realistic, the tone in this image also give it a sense of depth which adds character to the photograph.


This is a photograph that I took myself. I really like this image because of the contrast between the background and the silhouette. I also like the pink feather boa as it makes the photograph stand out more due to the bright colour of it. Tone is also a key element of this image, as it makes the image look more realistic and 3d. If I could improve this image I would ensure that the background was completely white, so its looks more professional.


These photographs are very similar as they are both silhouettes of people. Both images have a very obvious contrast between the background and the focal points of the image. Both images also use tone, the effect of this is that the images have a more realistic and 3d look. Another similarity is both the images have the same composition, which is a central composition; this draws the viewers attention to the image as it is right in the centre and it also takes up almost the whole canvas. In my opinion, the photograph I took is better because it has colour which makes it stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment