Monday 2 March 2015

Initial Response Shoot - Work Diary

In this session we done our initial response shoot for our chosen topic, which for me is the creative use of light. My idea was to get some candles and put them around so show off light. This task was quite difficult because it was quite windy outside so the candles kept blowing out. Overall, if I were to improve this shoot, I would make sure I done it on a day with better weather so I could have captured more photographs.

I really like this photograph because of the use of light compared to the dark backgrounds, I also like the fact that the light of the flame reflects on the wax because it shows reflection and depth. I believe this photograph came out really well even though the task was quite difficult. I edited it to make the background darker so the light from the candles stood out more, this gives the photograph a more creative look and you can clearly see the bright candle flame.

I also really enjoy this photograph because of the way light is portrayed. The image shows of a creative use of light but in a simple way. I edited this image to make the background darker to show of the light, I believe this has given my photograph a more mysterious look. If I were to improve this image I would try and make the background completely dark to show off the light even more.

In the next session, I would like to experiment with light drawings as I believe that is a creative way to show light. To do this I will use a torch to draw the light drawings in a dark room and then I will make the shutter speed long and use my torch to draw. I hope this shoot goes well because I have never done anything like this before. I would also like to photograph shadows in a creative way to show the creative use of light, my idea is to use coloured glass and show the shadows so they are a different colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment