Monday 2 March 2015

Silhouette - Work Diary

In this session I went into the studio and photographed silhouettes. To do this I went into the studio and used a white background and lighting to create a silhouette. I believe this shoot went very well as it was quite easy and simple to do but the results came out well. 

This is one of my best pictures from the shoot. I like this photograph because of how well it shows off silhouettes. Although there is some colour in this image, I believe it makes it look more unique and creative. The white background contrast with the colours well as it shows off the black silhouette even more. If I were to improve this photograph, I would make sure the background was completely white because as you can see, at the top of the image, it isn't completely white.

I also really like this image because of the contrast between the silhouette and the white background. I believe the contrast is very effective because you can still clearly see what the focal point of this image is supposed to be through the use of shape. I also think the composition is done very well as it is off-centre; this gives the photograph a more creative look.

In the next session, I would like to re-edit some of these silhouette photographs and put them in front of different background because I believe that would show a creative use of light. After that, I would like to go back into the studio and photograph shadows on people and objects in a dramatic way to also show creative use of light.


No comments:

Post a Comment