Thursday 12 March 2015

Studio Shadow Portraiture - Work Diary

In this session I went in to the studio and shot shadow portraiture. Overall, I believe this shoot went well even though I did not have that much time. I used a white background which make the subjects of my photographs stand out. Although, to improve my shoot, I would have made the subjects stand further away from the background so that the shadow didn't go onto the background.

This is one of my favourite photographs from my shoot because of the shadows in it. The shadows create a 3d effect on the subject of the image. I also really like the fact there is a white background, especially compared to the dark skin and hair of the subject; this creates contrast which makes the photograph stand out more.

Shadows are also shown off very well in this photograph, which creates a 3d effect and shows off contrast. I also real like the contrast of the red t-shirt and the rest of the photograph because the bold colour makes the photograph stand out more. If if were to improve this image, I would make the subject stand further away from the background because of the shadow on it.

In the next session I will go out and do a location shoot of building and other objects that show shadows, to do this I will do a shoot at my home and places around where I live. I would also like to incorporate movement into my photography as I believe it is also an effective way to show off the creative use off light. I will do this shoot at night because light will stand out more when the background of my photographs are dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment