Thursday 12 March 2015

Night Photography - Work Diary

I did this shoot around where I live, I believe the photographs came out well because it shows of the creative use of light and it also incorporates the formal element of movement which makes more unique photographs. I found this shoot difficult because I had to mess around with the setting to try and get the best possible photographs, but after I adjusted my camera to the correct setting the photographs came out better which made the task easier.

This is my favourite photograph from the shoot because of the movement and they way light is shown. The use of light in this image is done very well because it is very contrasting as the background is very dark whilst the train station is illuminated and bright. Also, the lights coming from the back of the train are very effective as it shows off movement. If I were to improve this image, I would make the street lamps less bright and bold.

I like this photograph because of the contrast of light and dark, the background is much darker than the focal point of the image which makes it stand out more. Movement is also used in this photograph which makes the image better and the blurred light of the train suggests a journey. I also enjoy the contrast between the blurred train and the platform, because again it suggests movement but doesn't make the picture look too messy.

In the next session, I would like to expand on movement in showing off the creative use of light. To do this I will use the studio and photograph people and make them have a blurred face. I believe this is a good way to expand on my chosen topic because in the above shoot, there are signs of movement from the trains, therefore expanding on this to also show off the creative use of light will be good to attempt and experiment with.

No comments:

Post a Comment