Thursday 19 March 2015

Movement Studio - Work Diary

In this session, I went in to the studio and shot movement. I found this task quite easy because it was simple to set the camera up and to take the photographs. To do this shoot, I set the camera's shutter speed to be longer and I asked people to shake their heads. The photographs are very effective because they show off movement really well and I really like the contrast between the blurry faces and the clear rest off body. I believe this shoot shows off the creative use of light through the use of contrast between the black background and the subjects of my images.

I really like this photograph because movement is shown well. It shows off the creative use of light through the background and the subject and also through the use of movement. I think that the colour contrast also makes this photograph creative because you can clearly see the subject of the photograph because of the black background.

This is my favourite photograph from the shoot because of the way the subject is using his hands. The contrast of colours is also done very well, because the subject is wearing a black jacket which is camouflaged with the black background, it gives the illusion of floating hands which looks really unique and creative. Although, if I were to improve this image, I would try and make the subjects hand less blurred.

In the next session, I will try and recreate this shoot but in a location setting. I will have to do this shoot inside because of the shutter speed settings, but I believe this idea will also look good on other backgrounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment