Thursday 19 March 2015

Research Log - Alan Sailer

I chose Alan Sailer's photography because he portrays the creative use of light through colour and movement. I really enjoy his photography because is is very unique and abstract. Furthermore, I really like the way he shows movement through destruction. 

I really like this photograph because of the use of colour and movement. The bright colours make the image stand out and the use of movement is a creative way to show off the creative use of light because it makes a photograph more exciting. There is also a contrast between the all the colours used in this photograph which again makes the photograph stand out.

This is one of my favourite photographs by Alan Sailer. I really like this because how is shows off destruction in a more creative way. The colours in this image are very bright and colourful which makes it stand out and the use of movement in this image is also very effective. There is also the formal element, form, as you can see by the shadows on the background; I think is very effective because it creates a 3d effect.

I really like this photograph because if the way movement and destruction is shown. The colours in this image are also very effective because of the contrast between the bright red strawberry and the blue background; this makes the photograph stand out.

I really like this photograph by Alan Sailer, again because of the colours and use of movement shown through destruction. This is my favourite photograph because you can actually see the bullet going through the cigarettes. Colour is a key element in this photograph because the bold blue and the bright orange contrast with each other which makes the image stand out.

His photography influences me to photograph in more abstract, destructive ways.
Overall, I really like Alan Sailer's photography because of the use of movement, colour and destruction.  Although the way he photographs is very unique and abstract, his photography is basically always the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment